How can you find a reputable excavation company?
Finding a reputable excavation company starts with a review of the past projects completed by the company. Review information on the company’s website, look at past projects and testimonials and ask for references if you want to speak to a current customer. Project galleries provide a clear picture of the types of services provided. Consider other services as well, such as hauling away of material if required for the job. Read our blog for more information on Choosing the Right Contractor for the Job.
How do I prepare for an excavation contractor?
Prior to excavation, the site needs to be surveyed and marked to indicate the property boundaries. The area should be cleared of any structures, trees, or other types of debris. The contract may also require soil testing and a geotechnical investigation to ensure the ground is suitable for the type of excavation and construction planned for the area. Finally, the excavation contractor will also need the site plan information to prepare for the job.
Why do you require a deposit before you begin work?
We require a deposit of between 30%-50% depending on the scope of your project. These deposits cover equipment mobilization, products needed for the project, and any other projectrelated materials that need to be obtained in advance before the project begins.
This deposit also covers our expenses in the event a customer backs out. A deposit allows us to pay any bill from a supplier, even if the customer backs out. A deposit is also required to keep your schedule dates because we receive so many requests for work that it guarantees we will show up.
R.W. Excavation is here to serve as your tried and true excavation company in Allyn, delivering land-preparation and site-clearing services that strive to enhance the outcome of your project. Once we have secured a deposit for our excavation services, our contractors can get to work.
Do I need to be there when you are working?
You are not required to be onsite when construction is underway. We do not mind you visiting the site but ask that you wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when onsite. We want to ensure your safety.
Do you take credit cards?
Yes! We absolutely do. There is a 3.5% convenience charge for all credit card payments.
Can I work on the project for a discounted rate or supply my own materials?
We do NOT allow customers to work on the project for safety and liability reasons. We value everyone’s safety, and for that reason, personal labor is not allowed. The risks for you and our excavation contractors, in addition to the insurance and coverage concerns, makes DIY assistance not possible.
You can furnish your own supplies, but at your own risk. If your quantities, quality, or delivery method are inaccurate, we will not take responsibility.
Can you do the job without charging taxes or obtaining a permit?
The simple answer is NO. We pay taxes for every material and piece of rental equipment we need to complete the project. Those taxes are passed onto our customers. Permits may or may not be required on your project depending on the scope of work and whether the municipality requires a permit. Working without a permit can open you up to serious fines if a violation occurs. R.W. Excavation is here to serve as your source for quality site-preparation services, and our commitment to quality and safety ensures that every task is done consistently and in compliance with local and state laws.
Do you take trades for work?
The OWNER of R.W. Excavation is the only person who can make that call. Robert may be able to work something out on smaller projects. Employees are not allowed to barter for services under any circumstance without permission from the owner. We take great pride in the value of our excavation services, and want to ensure that fairness and consistency are in place when it comes to offering services through our construction contractors.
Do I have to own the property?
YES! You must be the legal owner or a legal representative of the owner to obtain our services.
Do you warranty your work?
In most cases, yes. We offer a 12–month warranty that covers any defects arising from our work. We will make it right in the event that we do something incorrectly. We take pride in what we do and strive to make sure that you are happy with the service you receive at no additional cost to you.
What services do you offer?
We pride ourselves on providing the services to get your project done fast, safe, and efficiently. The service that we offer include:
- Site Prep – Clearing for a new home or expanding your lawn, we have the knowledge and equipment to ensure the job is done right.
- Excavation – As the premier excavation contractor in the area, the job is completed with attention to both safety as well as the environment.
- Demolition – We offer comprehensive demolition services for both residential and commercial projects.
- Project Management – Your project will be properly managed from beginning to end as we work closely with the other contractors on the project to ensure that everything goes smoothly and there is no need for you to stress about any of the details.
- Water, Sewer, Power, and Gas Installation – Whether you are working on a new build project or making upgrades to an existing property, we have the experience to complete the proper installation of water, sewer, gas, and power.
- Concrete and Asphalt Removal – We offer the most reliable, and cost-effective solutions for your concrete and asphalt removal. We also remove brick, block, and natural aggregates to meet your needs.
- Landscaping, Trenching, and Drainage – We have years of experience in the creation of creating drainage systems and evening landscapes.